Memories

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Elaine on January 09, 2005 at 22:45:17:

In Reply to: Re: Iron Eagle up for auction posted by on January 09, 2005 at 21:29:32:

It is interesting to read over those old posts - uncut and uncensored. I was on the Iron Eagle that day and none of us knew what the crew member had gone through. It was only in the following months that the whole story came out.

I am very suprised that Dan Adler said in his account that only four complete sets of scuba gear were lost. That skiff was full of scuba gear when it sank. The boat that rescued the crew member also rescued most of the scuba gear that floated. Anything that sank was history. The BC that I still use today was what I was told the crew member was holding on to to stay afloat.

That was a horrible storm. Every time I see "The Perfect Storm" - which was on today in fact - I think about the Iron Eagle and about our trip home across the channel. That was a tall boat and waves were crashing on the deck just like in that movie. The lesson that I have held on to over time is never get upset when boats don't go because of the weather. Thank your lucky stars that the Captains are using good judgement.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]