Re: Summation of "reasonable" litmus test

Scuba Diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by seahunt on January 12, 2005 at 08:52:20:

In Reply to: Summation of "reasonable" litmus test posted by Dave on January 11, 2005 at 20:52:45:

Uh, while I feel a little silly getting in this silly conversation, it is just a word game. It's

not reality. This means that and that means that and ad infinitum. Spare me. Whadda fuss bucket.
While I'm not clear if you are talking about rules for F&G or for police (they are different) you

are just playing word definition games, legalistic or otherwise.
>arrest you, meaning detain you, which the courts have defined all detetntions including stop as an arrest,
That is the key to what you are saying and you are manipulating the meaning beyond the truth.
That is not about F&G. That is about police agencies all around the country and up and down the courts. There is some difference between legality and reality. The reality is that the police usually try to uphold the Constitution, partly out of respect for the law and partly for fear of the courts. Then again there is the current situation. If you have a problem with the F&G you must really like the the Department of Homeland Security, the ATF, the FBI and a few others. Police powers are an interesting thing and the courts have interesting things to say these days. Frankly, I pretty much know when a Law Officer is stopping me or arresting me. In reality, they are different things. The linguistics of the court room do not necessarily reflect reality. Still, lets hope it stays that way.
How Orwellian.
At the same time, there are a lot of different F&G personel. The F&G is not a path to financial success. Mostly you have to like it. The F&G people tend to be dedicated to their work for a variety of personal reasons, mostly quite positive. Most of them love the wildlife and want to protect it. Like I said below, I can really identify with the officer they describe in the post in his liking to hunt. It's pretty much like when I get to hunt underwater or above. Plus, seriously, how would you like a job that had you the Channel Islands daily?
At the same time, most their activities that I never see or even know of. I hope that they are good at what they do, cuz I over the years I have seen some F&G officers totally blow it.
It would be great if we had a perfect legal system, but there is no such thing, so we have

judges. ... Ultimately, we have to rely on the people of this nation.
Enjoy the diving, seahunt
I bet you like argueing about religion too.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]