NMFS schedules sessions on VMS coverage for pacific coast fishing vessel
[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]
Posted by on January 14, 2005 at 16:48:52:
NMFS SCHEDULES PUBLIC INFORMATION SESSIONS ON VMS COVERAGE FOR PACIFIC COAST FISHING VESSELS: The National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS) will be holding a series of informational hearings on proposals to extend vessel monitoring systems (VMS) currently in place for groundfish limited entry vessels (trawl, longline) to all fishing boats that may take groundfish (see Sublegals, 10:19/08). Meetings have been set for the following times and locations:
- 10 January, 1900 HRS, Salmon Troller's Hall, 19292 South Harbor Drive, Fort Bragg, CA.
- 11 January, 1900 HRS, Community Center Auditorium, 1001 Kennedy Way, Morro Bay, CA.
- 12 January, 1900 HRS, Dept. of Fish & Game, 4665 Lampson Ave., Suite C, Los Alamitos, CA.
- 25 January, 1800 HRS, Ocasta High School, 2580 Montesano Street South, Westport, WA.
- 31 January, 1800 HRS, Room 32,Hatfield Marine Science Center, Newport, OR.
- 1 February, 1800 HRS, Oregon State University, Seafood Lab, 2021 Marine Dr, Astoria, OR. and
- 7 February, 1800 HRS, Gable Chambers at City Hall, 555 W. 20th St. Port Orford, OR.
PCFFA has requested one additional meeting for California in a convenient venue, recommending the Commercial Fishermen's Gear Swap Meet, set for 5 March his year at Shed A, Pier 45 in San Francisco. For more information about the proposal, go to: www.pcouncil.org/events.2005/vmshrgs05.html, or contact Becky Rencko at: (206) 526-6110 or by e-mail: email@example.com.
Post a Followup