Hey, remember that fish Steve saw?

Outer Bamnks diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Eric S on January 17, 2005 at 21:55:31:

In Reply to: Maybe you have a point posted by seahunt on January 17, 2005 at 15:47:50:

We now believe it was a massive Lingcod probably over 65 Lbs. Sometimes when they get that huge they can be black. It was probably laying in wait for prey and that's why it's dorsal was up. It was just so fat that in the dark water it looked like a broad profile fish rather than a long skinny one.

Anyway, are you saying that even though there are a potential 250 divable days down south you would pick the 100-150 or so days up here instead?
Let's subtract bugs and abs from this equation to make it fair, and so we can judge the diving solely on visual merit.
I guess that would also depend on if you could get the days free to do the dives on calm days.

Also I would think that someone who is used to the conditions up here would consider that there are more like 360 divable days down there since I've read stories from some Socal people bitching about 6-8 foot swells saying it's not diveable and I don't understand how someone doesn't consider that fairly good?

Maybe I need to get out more.
I just want to know what it's like to see 100 foot vis in California.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]