Re: Hey, remember that fish Steve saw?

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by seahunt on January 18, 2005 at 21:29:02:

In Reply to: Hey, remember that fish Steve saw? posted by Eric S on January 17, 2005 at 21:55:31:

I'd like to see a fish like that.
Hmmm. Take out the bugs and abs? I'm not so sure I like that idea.
It's not just about visual merit, it's about adventure merit too. It's about the free diving which is like walking through a forest as opposed to driving through one. The free diving is better up there. It's about the vital lushness that is so common there. It's about challenge, though it sounds like that old North Coast Challenge crud is getting old for you. I can understand that. I only go there in high summer anymore.
The thing down here is if you go to the islands, you are going into the swell the whole way there. Coming back is easier, but the trip out is pretty exposed. Yah, after the North Coast, you might find the waters here pretty tame most of the time. Man have I been in nasty stuff off of Sonoma!
A lot of times, shore diving here is sort of poor confitions, but I don't think that would bother you and in a boat, you can get to better places.
You have to do like Brad. Go out there and explore. Get close to the islands where the charter boats usually don't follow the shore. Feel the water and listen to the sounds. You will find adventure, beauty and very good diving.
Enjoy, seahunt

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]