So many regulators and so little time.

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mojo Mike on January 21, 2005 at 01:17:57:

In Reply to: Re: US Divers SE2 posted by Chris on January 20, 2005 at 10:48:52:

People may collect regulators just for the frustration of understanding the history and model identification of them.

I have a US Divers SE2, Pro Diver and Conshelf 21. I cannot tell much difference in the second stages at all except the slot design in the cover. All three covers unscrew with out tools. Must have something to do with when and where they were purchased. There is no significant difference in breathing that I can tell.

I do remember I bought the SE2 because I was told the DIN fitting was not available for the Pro Diver. Years later I bought a computer with a transmitter. The transmitter would not fit on the Pro Diver or my Poseidon without a adapter. I dislike adapters for just about everything.

I got my eye out for a set of HP80 doubles. Then I might have to get me a back plate & wings ;-)

I have several of the old Scubapro balanced adjustable 2nd stage regulators. Which I love. I am thinking of getting a MK25 1st stage. So I can still use them. Guess I am just a old pack rat ;-)

PS- Great photo, she reminds me of my daughter, same beautiful eye color.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]