What an incredible crock!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by seahunt on January 28, 2005 at 06:45:51:

In Reply to: Diablo ocean remedy: Reef, no-fishing zones posted by on January 28, 2005 at 02:54:17:

What a bunch of beaurocratic lies.
The diving there is amazing. Even near the plant. There are tons of fish even though the place is very heavily fished and has been for a long time.

Remarkable Similarity. Dale and Ling at Diablo.

The plant representitives are telling the truth. Life around the plant is lush and healthy and I've been pretty close.
>"This report should be considered in the overall process, but we don't believe it is tied
>to any real-world impacts from the plant either scientifically or financially," said plant spokesman Jeff Lewis.
Now if you want to see some environmental destruction, look at that rock in the picture. That's called Lion Rock.

I've gone diving right behind it. It is a calm spot where otters go to eat what they find. THe bottom is covered with 1/2 inch to 1 inch shells from abalone, scallops, clams and all the other stuff that those starving weasels find.

I took three red fish like this and 3 lings in one dive there.... It was the best I did, but there are lots of other fish as well.

The writers of the report admit that ther reefs there are healthy. You can't believe how extensive the kelp beds are there. Many are miles wide and (with a break at Morro Bay) they extend from there too Cayucus, too Big Sur and to Monterey. This is where kelp is so thick that the harvesters go to there from San Diego to get to huge thick kelp beds.
>The reef would be located away from the power plant because Diablo Canyon already has plenty of rocky reefs
While I don't like seeing environmental damage. I never did see any indication of it near there. It is beautiful, lush and vital. Maybe it should be a reserve, but that is a different issue.

Enjoy the diving, seahunt

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]