Posted by Ken Kurtis on February 02, 2005 at 10:38:05:
In Reply to: Coast Guard Turns Its Eyes Underwater posted by on February 02, 2005 at 03:02:22:
"The Coast Guard would use the devices only after issuing a verbal warning with the underwater speaker system, Commander Tubbs said. A single impulse would be sent first. But if necessary, repeated impulses could be sent."
From the same government who brought you the Star Wars Missle Defense Syetem . . .
So let me see if I understand the scenario correctly:
1. Suspicicous diver activity is detected.
2. Some time passes because they need . . .
3. A second sonar deployed to confirm said activity.
4. Some time passes because now they need . . .
5. A speaker lowered to issue a verbal warning.
6. Some time passes because . . .
7. They wait for the suspicious diver to surface (and we know that all scuba terrorists will follow the verbal directive).
8. Some time passes . . .
9. Then they act, giving the suspicious diver plenty of time to do what they intended to do, if they truly had malicious intent in mind.
I don't know who thinks up this stuff but I definitely want some of whatever it is they're smoking.
NAUI Instr. #5936
Reef Seekers Dive Co.
Beverly Hills, CA
Post a Followup