Oops! But, thanks!

Scuba Diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dick Analog on February 02, 2005 at 18:17:24:

In Reply to: I liked reading your trip report very much. posted by Elaine on February 02, 2005 at 10:24:23:

Yeah, I was flipping through my copy of So.California's Best Beach dives this morning and saw right away that the supposed Perch was a really a Kelp Rockfish. Thanks especially for help on the so-called Sculpin; I may have gone on forever believing that. It's time to do a little tweaking on my web pages, and pick up some reference materials on fish ID.

Regarding dive computers going kaput, I've had two from very reputable manufacturers fail over the last two months - quite a low-probability occurrence, I'm sure. I'm hesitant to name names right now because I've been monitoring equipment reports on Undercurrent.org and it seems that problems are reported from time to time for just about all makes & models. In fact, when my first computer failed (a simple, console-mounted unit) I made the decision to get a second wrist-mounted unit so that when I'm on a far-away dive trip I'll have some redundancy and not have to miss any dives. I just got the first one back from the repair shop and it turns out that the manufacturer swapped out the old unit for a completely new one; I hope to test it out in the water this weekend. So, I feel I got a fair shake from the first manufacturer. I've been told by my local dive shop that I'll probably end up getting a brand new unit from the second manufacturer as well because it had so few dives on it.

Again, thanks for the info. on fish ID, and keep on taking those marvelous FILM photographs! Which reminds me.....did you ever post those Kodachrome25 macro pictures from your recent Sundiver trip?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]