Re: Boat recommendations?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by gregg M on February 04, 2005 at 23:18:29:

In Reply to: Boat recommendations? posted by Hilary on February 04, 2005 at 14:38:01:

The three boats I like the best are the Great Escape, Pacific Star, Sundiver, and the Cee Ray. Each boat has it's own strong points. The great escpae is certainly the most comfortable, andd Capt Tim has made many additions only a diver captain could appreciate. He knows the spots, and hits a varied lot of them depending on what group is on the boat. Don't dive the GE while on a diet as the food is good and plentiful. The Pacific Star has many amenities too, and Dave is also a knowledgable captain. The boat is very clean and comfortable. Dave does some unusual 10 to 10 dives, which allow to four divs, two day dives, a twightlight dive, and one night dive. I always have limited out on the 10 to 10 trips for bugs. The sundiver is a more eccletic toss up thing. The boat is the cheapest trip, food is an add on, and he always has some eye popping candy working on board. Ray is a perfectionist on vis and is knowledgeable in many areas of the sea, especially spearfishing. The Cee Ray is also efficient, a bit smaller and cramped, but the crew is top notched and very efficient. I get a kick out of the husband and wife salty dogs who own the boat, and their grandson is the cook on the Great Escape. Got to Bahgdad before diving on the Iron Eagle and wear a I love the pope Tee Shirt, that's what it is like diving on that boat.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]