Re: that's not how they came across

Scuba Diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by finfan on February 05, 2005 at 23:36:54:

In Reply to: Re: South County Dive Report - Bag o Bugs posted by Dave on February 05, 2005 at 23:11:55:

Relax, Coast Guard first came along side asked how we were doing, they never asked to board us, just said they were conducting routine stops and checking equipment. They looked over the side of our boat and said it looks like a gear was in order. We never asked if we could go and they never said we couldn't. We said good night and left. I never felt like we were arrested.

Fish and Game asked permission to come on board. He never even asked for our licenses, we just volunteered thenm to get that part out of the way. Remember you have me and my friend holding up several nice lobsters, so I can easily see where he had probable cause to suspect there might be more onboard or even just in the live well were he saw us grab the others from. He only asked us if there was any other game aboard and never even tried to search beyond what he could see out in the open.

Both CG and FG were pleasant. Of course, we also weren't violating any laws or safety regs so they had no reason to turn nasty with us.

As far as where the cave is - well that's one of the few lobsters places I haven't shared with anyone. Sorry, this one you have to find on your own.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]