Re: Dive Rite BC

Scuba Diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chris on February 08, 2005 at 11:19:15:

In Reply to: Re: Dive Rite BC posted by Dwill on February 08, 2005 at 07:10:53:

Doug,
It seems to me that dive-rite was making wings and backplates long before any of the also-rans like halcyon came along. In my experience dive-rite quality and service is top notch. I know many people who have trans-pacs and love them, and have used them reliably for years. On the other hand one of the biggest scuba retailers in the world dropped halcyon because of their poor quality control and dismal customer service. Yet this retailer still sells dive-rite. They have also picked up oxycheq and are very happy with them.
I have a dive-rite backplate and wings I have used trouble free for more than 15 years. I also I have an oxycheq 18 lb. wing I use with my old fashioned backpack for photography. Both have and continue to serve me well.
Your unfortunate halcyon obsession is due to your association with your now dying cult. I hope someday you can snap out of your obsession and see that there are a multitude of good choices in this world, not just the one prescribed by your constricted dogma.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]