the more salient issue of recovering all divers no matter how untrained

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by northcoast diver on February 09, 2005 at 10:02:41:

In Reply to: Re: Dan's qualifications for the Oil Rig dive posted by Max Bottomtime on February 08, 2005 at 14:24:09:

As two of the most esteemed divers in all of California, you are both speaking the truth.

For those times when an untrained diver does end up on your boat, the counting process, preferably done twice, is actually to blame for making Dan famous, and soon to be rich.

If people did not get rich from insurance policies occasionally, I suppose we would never need insurance. We probably would not be as careful ourselves either then.

The Estate of Dan would have become even richer had poor Dan drifted away forever. And the boat, which some of you all see as the victim in all this, then would have borne the full fury and probably would have been driven out of business, like the Cairns Australia boat of the same fate.

Two counts. As in, Two Of Everything, when your life, or someone else's life, depends on it.

And yes, I still like bracelets. Only because this gives me the false sense of security that someone is actually counting something and therefore won't leave me behind.

But giving me the key to the boat engine is truly the only way I could be sure the boat is really going to wait! As someone else pointed out, about 1000 posts ago, on this subject.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]