What would I have done?

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Eric S on February 09, 2005 at 22:27:36:

In Reply to: But What Would You Do? - Re: Message to Dan Carlock posted by Patrick on February 09, 2005 at 10:17:40:

First, I would have paid attention to the dive briefing and stayed in the structure like I was told.
Second, when I had ear trouble and split from the buddies I would not dilly dally around. I would have stayed fucused on my surroundings and come up in a timely fashion so I wouldn't lose the boat.
Third, If I did find that I had drifted off a ways I would have kicked like hell and gotten back to the boat (that's why I stay in shape, for times such as these, as every diver should). If the current was that strong then I'm sure the dive would have been to dangerous for anybody and they would not have dove there.
Fourth, if that didn't work then I would have started yelling my head off to get someone's attention. After all, Danny Boy himself said he could see the boat, the rig, and hear people talking on the boat.
If all else failed and I found myself adrift and picked up by boyscouts, then here's what I'd do.
First I wouldn't sue anybody except the divemaster personally. He would never have another divemaster job again.
Then I would have Capt. Ray sign a contract saying that I would get free dive trips on his boat for life. :) I bet the Capt would have jumped all over that one!

If Carlock ever dove Northern California (way north) he would have been dead a long time ago.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]