DiveRite is even more insidious!

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ross-O on February 10, 2005 at 18:06:55:

In Reply to: Aren't I DIR? posted by Dave on February 10, 2005 at 17:36:46:

Its very name suggests that anything else is "dive wrong"! Why do they have to be so hateful and judgemental?

I think most normal people would suggests that you need to have very well thought out reasons for diving whatever config that you're currently using. It's even better if you and your dive buddies understand each other's gear config. This becomes moot when they're identical. It's even better than that if some of the worlds best divers (in terms of safety records and diving accomplishments) have documented success in using that same gear config. Add in some concern for fitness, continuing diving education, understanding of personal limits, and respect for our underwater environment and you'll probably have a pretty good "system", whatever you choose to call it.

On the other hand, BBSs are more suited for amusement than anything seriously dive related, so I propose that everyone should learn to take pictures like Elaine, ChrisM, ChrisG, Jim Lyle, RogerC, and all of our other wonderful local UW photographers and post more trip reports ;-)

Ross-O

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]