A little reminder

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Eric S on February 15, 2005 at 21:54:36:

Don't forget about my annual North Coast Dive Party coming up in August.
This year it's Aug. 11th thru 14th @ Ocean Cove Campground in Sonoma County (about 15-20 minutes north of Jenner on Hwy 1).
If you ever wanted to dive the North Coast but didn't know where to go this would be the time. Ocean Cove is a private campground with a store, showers, fish / ab cleaning station, boat launch (smaller boats or inflatables). The only slight inconvenience is portapotties but thet work you don't have to walk far. They are good about placing them around well.
The grounds are really spread out and there are some really nice protected spots in the trees.
If I get a big enough response I may consider getting one of the group sites.

All along that section of coastline there is great diving. A client of mine and once state freediving champion told me where the 10 inch abs are. I know he knows what he's talking about cuz I seen 'em, the shells that is. It is a place I never would have thought of in a hundred years as being a good ab spot but his philosophy makes sense, and it's very close to Ocean Cove AND it's a shore dive.

There is also Gerstle Cove State Reserve which is a few miles north and an underwater english garden. This cove is very popular with photogs and being a preserve nothing can be touched or removed.
There is miles and miles of remote rugged Sonoma Coast beauty to behold both above and below the water.

If you're into wine, take a tour of some wineries on the way. Why not? you'll be going right smack through the middle of wine country.

If you're not into camping then stay in Jenner or Bodega Bay and go up to Ocean Cove for the day. After doing some diving You could continue up through all the coastal towns along the way and end up in Mendocino.
There are numerous bed @ breakfasts along the way as well as art galleries, antique shops, and boutiques. There are some great restaurants up in these parts to!

If you have a kayak bring it! This area lends itself extremely well to kayaking.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]