Re: Search for plane wreck off LAX

Scuba Diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dave on February 15, 2005 at 22:16:15:

In Reply to: Re: Search for plane wreck off LAX posted by Dave on February 13, 2005 at 15:24:03:

Capt. Tyler,

You know how it is, a blowhard like me spouting off with no evidence whatsoever while he has no idea the actual guy who is going to look for it stealthily peruses the board....

My post reminds me of a Woody Allen movie where he is with a date standing in line for an art showing, but he is the artist, and some moron behind him is talking out of his ass trying to impress a date, not knowing that the artist who is having the art showng is the character Woody Allen is playing, and the blowhard is trying to impress his date by stating what the art pieces mean, and Woody Allen's character turns around and says you know nothing about my art and have it all wrong. Dang I wish I remembered the name of that movie.

Anyway, I am curious, do you guys have charts of known magnetic hits and a description of what each magnetic finding is so you don't just "refind" previously found scrap?

With the majority of the structure being aluminum, it has to reduce its magentic signature.....

I am also curious as to the type of camera system you might use wherein it said that blastign away 10-15 feet of muck and a cmera was inserted down into the muck, how you would have any semeblence of a field of vision of anything burrowing a camera down into muck.

Are you guys filming all of this documentary style?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]