First California Ocean Protection Council Meeting

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mike Chrisman, Secretary for Resources on February 16, 2005 at 22:43:02:

TO: California Ocean and Coastal Community
DATE: February 15, 2005
SUBJECT: First California Ocean Protection Council Meeting

As Chair of the California Ocean Protection Council, I would like to invite you to our first meeting on March 21, 2005, 9 a.m., in the Bryron Sher Auditorium of the Cal/EPA Building, 1001 I Street, in Sacramento, California.

This Council has been established pursuant to the requirements of the California Ocean Protection Act that was signed into law by Governor Schwarzenegger last year. The Council consists of the Secretary for Resources, Secretary for Environmental Protection, Chair of the State Lands Commission, and two ex officio legislative members. The Council will help coordinate and improve the protection and management of California’s ocean and coastal resources.

Information on the Council’s March 21 meeting including the draft agenda and briefing materials will be available at resources.ca.gov/ocean/ a week prior to the meeting. If you cannot attend and would like to watch or listen to the proceedings, you can access the simultaneous webcast in video and audio at www.calepa.ca.gov/Broadcast/.

Thank you for your interest in improving the protection of California’s ocean and coastal resources. If you have any questions or comments, please contact Brian Baird, Assistant Secretary for Ocean and Coastal Policy, at brian.baird@resources.ca.gov or (916) 657-0198. I look forward to seeing you at the first Ocean Protection Council meeting.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]