diver.net

Nice report & photos, and what happened to Dick Analog

Outer Bamnks diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]
Posted by Dick J on June 27, 2005 at 12:39:05:

In Reply to: Indonesia (Sulawesi/Lembeh) trip report & pix posted by Ken Kurtis on June 27, 2005 at 08:40:40:

Thanks, Ken for posting the report & photos. Sounds like it was a fantastic trip, definitely on my to-do list.

I certainly agree with your opinion on Singapore Airlines - they're the best, period. Flying with them was often the best part of having to do a 6-week stint in the jungles of Borneo. You did neglect, however, to mention how cute the Singapore Airlines' stewardesses are. And your comments on driving in Indonesia made me chuckle. The first time I was in Jakarta I thought it was kind of quaint the way the side-view mirrors on cars were mounted way up on the front fender. A few days after arriving, we sent a driver to pick up a brand new vehicle at the local Toyota dealer. The driver told us that he needed to make a quick stop at a local auto body shop for some important modifications before he delivered the vehicle to us. On the way to the body shop from the Toyota dealer, both standard-issue side-view mirrors were sheared off in traffic; the "important modifications" he was talking about were the fender-mounted mirrors.

Lastly, I'm glad that you're pleased with your new DSLR for UW photography. The instant feedback was the big seller for me. I took a new DSLR out this past weekend on a 3-day trip aboard the Vision. Water conditions were consistently poor, so it was macro photography only. You can check out my very first batch of photos at:

http://www.francisquito.org/2005_06_Outer_Is.htm

And, what did happen to Dick Analog? Check out the link to a thread started yesterday (posted before the Great Cleansing)

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to