diver.net

Re: Re: Re: Screw PETA

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]
Posted by stephen clark on June 28, 2005 at 19:48:13:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Screw PETA posted by rpena on June 28, 2005 at 19:22:48:

Well I agree with you there. I wish they WOULD mess with the 'netters. But I think getting press is one of their main tactics. I often run accross people who assume that if I'm against the mistreatment of animals/fish/birds that I don't eat anything alive... I do and feel OK with it. What I am against is the wholesale slaughter of entire populations of ocean creatures with no regard for the REST of the ocean's food chains. It's all about us and how much money we make, never about the overall wellness of the very ecosystem that sustains us all. Any attention that gets focused in that general direction by PETA or anyone else is a positive thing. I was at the Aquarium of the Pacific watching a giant Pacific octopus display itself by spreading its tenticles accross the entire window of its enclosure. While I experienced a moment of awe and grandure the fat woman in front of me told her fat kid, 'We eat those." That was all she said to him. There is more value to sea life than, "we eat those."

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to