diver.net

Franko--that is ignorant

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]
Posted by freediverguy on June 30, 2005 at 19:15:30:

In Reply to: PETA not invited to Fort Ross Abalone BBQ posted by Walt on June 29, 2005 at 10:07:41:

I work in high tech--many asians. The vast majority of my asian fellow workers are hard-working, law-abiding, tax-paying citizens. Most, as some noted, are US citizens whose grandparents or parents came here like just about everyone else (except for native Indians).

Just because SOME criminals have asian names doesn't mean that the asian community needs to be tarred. That's simply ignorant. Plus, if you care to check, poachers come in all colors. Some of the most notorious are non-asians (including that ex-abalone management committee guy they caught a few years ago). They are all deplorable--but they are not limited to any race.

How about this. The vast majority of mass murders are of my race (white)--check on it, it's a fact--and it would take one ignorant person to think that we need to rid of all whites.

I can also attest to the generosity and warm reception I have received from asian divers. One of my diving partners until he moved to Tahoe is a US-born Chinese guy and a pediatric surgeon. He took off work to supervise the delivery of my last kid to make sure she was alright since we had some early complications. The labor lasted 7 hours--he was there the whole time. I appreciated it but didn't realize what it meant until I saw his name in the San Jose Merc. getting some awards, and realized that what he gave in term of his time was worth at least a few thousand bucks--he never mentioned it. Still send my kids card now and then--and we weren't even his patients.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to