Dive Location: Marineland (again!)
Time: 10:03
Bottom Time: 57 minutes
Max Depth: 52'
Vis: 2-15
Wave height: Lake Pacific
Temp at depth: 54F
Gas mix: Air (21%)
Comments:I met with Susan (coralcuts) at Redondo this morning, but the red tide was so bad that Ray Swartz (Radinator) came up with a new term; Foamberg. There were large foambergs everywhere. I drove around the peninsula looking for better conditions and decided to clean up the lines I layed out to Headhunter Reef, aka the platform. Jeff Shaw was in the parking lot when I arrived, so we headed out along the line. Reports from yesterday had nasty red tide at Marineland, but it wasn't too bad today. There were occasional clouds, but the patches were small enough that it only took seconds to swim through.
We removed the line to oblivion and used it as the new surface marker. We found two large Cabezon and more sandbass than normal here. I'm beginning to like this spot. :D
Before dropping down I spied two sea lions on the surface a few yards away, but they showed no attack postures, so I was able to enjoy the dive without incident. The surface was so flat that when we exited, Jeff stood in what is normally the surf zone and talked to a couple other divers for several minutes. The water also warmed up five degrees from last week.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to