diver.net

Too technical?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]
Posted by Ross-O on July 06, 2005 at 00:15:28:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Wanting feedback on BC's for large men. posted by Hilary on July 05, 2005 at 23:54:10:

What could be less technical than a wing, a SS plate, and 20 ft of nylon webbing? It's FAR simpler than the jacket BCs with all of the danglies, failure prone buckles, useless pockets, and scary integrated weights draped all over them.

Go BP&Wing first. You'll save about $300-$400. I only know 2 people who gave BP&Wing an honest evaluation and decided that it wasn't for them (Seahunt & Bill H?). I know 10-20 who've made the switch.

If you can't convince your buddy to go BP&Wing, at least steer him towards back inflation psuedo-BP&Wing like the DiveRite Transpack or one of the Deep Outdoors softpack and wing rigs. You may want to check with DeepSeaSupply if you want a good local source of BP&Wing.

In general I don't care how other people (outside of my team) dive but BP&Wing is one thing that I'm passionate about. It really is a great system and a BUNCH of us have wasted money by not making the best choice the first time.

Ross-O

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.