diver.net

Re: I hate the BP

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]
Posted by Kendall Raine on July 06, 2005 at 11:31:46:

In Reply to: Too technical? posted by Ross-O on July 06, 2005 at 00:15:28:

I tried one once. I hated it. First, I think a rig should be comfortable anywhere. The BP wasn't. I tried wearing it in bed one time and that was enough. It made rolling over tough. Sleeping on my side was difficult, too. Finally I smacked my wife in the head with the thing by accident and she told me to go sleep on the couch. Next I tried it in the car. Man, that was awful. Felt like I was wearing a straight jacket. Lastly, the TSA morons really got worked up when I tried to take it on the plane. Thought it was a parachute or something. Took me 45 minutes to get past the procto exam.

I've had none of these problems with my Dacor 6000 SUX. That has a nice squishy back support so I can sleep with it on, lot's of nice pockets so I can take all my useless crap on a dive plus retaining straps for my octo, my whistle, my slate, my fish ID thingy, my PADI Wheel and my Costco card. It has a comfy cumerbund to hold in my gut. It's got eleven plastic quick releases so I get get out of it pronto in order to be first in line in the galley-none of those icky metal buckles. It comes in cool colors which are interchangeable so I can adjust them to suit my mood and the TSA walley's know it's not a parachute. It doen't have one of those nasty crotch straps so I can ditch my weight belt real easy if I run out of air. Best of all it was only $695.

The only problem is it swims like shit.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.