diver.net

I would like to see better laws concerning noodling.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]
Posted by Mojo Mike on July 06, 2005 at 17:14:23:

In Reply to: New fishing method for brave fishermen: No rod, no reel, no sweat - go grabbling posted by on July 06, 2005 at 14:45:55:

A old trick is to plant a section of PVC pipe in key areas. This attracts catfish as a perfect nesting site. This makes it easy for the noodler to find the catfish. Just by reaching into the pipe. Sort of reminds me of illegal deer hunters. That use salt blocks to attract deer. Although I love to catch, cook and eat catfish. I was raised on catfish. This should be sport fishing.

Of all the critters in the world I dislike cotton mouth water moccasins the most. The have a really mean temper. A rattle snake will only bite, if it feels threatened. They try to avoid you. I killed many cotton mouths as a kid. If they see you they come after you. I have fought them over fish on a stringer. I have seen them jump in a boat and bite fishermen for no reason. I have seen them bite cattle at a pond. I have heard of them chasing divers and biting downed water skiers. Noodling is just a way to find a fist full of trouble.
http://www.suhsd.k12.ca.us/mvm/netlinks/1hoot/snake.html

One of the reasons I love California - No cotton mouth water moccasins ;-)

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to