diver.net

Re: Spectre

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]
Posted by Walt on July 18, 2005 at 13:12:04:

In Reply to: Spectre, Peace, & Truth posted by Rnr on July 16, 2005 at 13:25:58:

My personal favorite is the Spectre because I really like the individual gear cubbies, the highly experienced Captain, fantastic cook, the crew, the hot tub, the fantastic BBQ lunches, and the fact the boat is built for a rough crossing should there be one (water tight doors and all). I've been on board with Capt. Ted when we had to return in 19 foot swells - surfed down the faces and had as smoothe a ride as possible. Felt safe the entire trip.

My second (but close) preference is the Peace, a good, solid operation that also has Nitrox if you're so inclined. Capt. Eric is a really nice guy who knows the sites well.

Actually, a good trip might be to book one day on the Spectre and the other on the Peace. They are a short walk from each other and you can arrange to spend the night aboard one of them.

As for the Truth operation - they have very nice boats, but I've had 3 unimpressive trips due to poor crew attitude (unhelpful, poorly informed on sites, inattentive) and on one trip, an inept Captain (was following the GPS on autopilot even though the seas were rough and he should have taken a more southerly course). They also called a dive because they wanted to get back to port by 5 PM. I won't go on their boats anymore.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to