diver.net

North Coast dive party and campout is coming up quick!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]
Posted by Eric S on July 22, 2005 at 20:49:13:

Being that this is primarily a Southern California board, I didn't know how many of you would be interested in the annual northern dive party but I'll post some info none the less.

Date:
August 11th - 14th, 2005

Features:
20 acres of campground
Spectacular cliffside sites
$16 dollars per night per vehicle (no limit on vehicles per site)
Boat launch ramp (additional fee)
Pets allowed (small fee)
Fish cleaning station
Small grocery store
Fire pits
Showers
Hiking trails
Rocky beach with decent ab diving right in the cove
Miles of beautiful coastline

I will have a BIG dive camp kitchen set up where everyone usually congregates and we get together to swap lies and have a few laughs while we meet new people and make new friends.
The diving is terrific. people generally plan some diving on their own at many of the area shore diving spots.
I take as many people out for dives off my boat as I can but I am limited and space goes fast. Many people bring kayaks and we don't see them till the very end of the day. Last year a group of freedivers dove for 8 hours straight!
Some people prefer to scuba dive while others are on a quest to find the big 10 inch.
At the end of each day everyone makes it back to camp and we have a big feast and a big party with a bonfire.
This is California diving safari at it's core.
It doesn't get any better than this.

Bring as many scuba tanks as you can because this spot is remote and airfills are a ways away (about 35 minutes).

So, if you get a wild hair and decide "What the hell" then come on up. There's got to be a few of you down there that are freewheeling enough to just grab your dive gear, a tent, the cooler, and say to your friends "I'm going up to the North Coast for a few days to clean my soul and breathe some fresh air. I wanna see what the diving's like up there. Enjoy your traffic and your smog. See ya when I get back."

Cheers!

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.