diver.net

Great as always

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]
Posted by Mojo Mike on July 23, 2005 at 19:58:18:

In Reply to: Trip Report and Photos: Sundiver to Catalina, July 16, 2005, with some Kodachrome 25 posted by Elaine on July 22, 2005 at 21:27:42:

I agree with jlyle about the photo of shark egg cases. That photo is near perfection. I always like the photos of the divers and I am always curious about dive gear. Oh yes, the new crew member is very cute. Still the blonde blue eyed mermaid holds on to No.1 for cuteness;-)

Do you know if the better digital cameras make much noise when taking a photo. My Nikon N90 makes enough noise to upset wildlife. I know some Canons are quiet. Since noise travels so much better in water than air. I would suspect some species of fish would be spooked by camera noise. Perhaps I am looking for justification for purchasing a new camera.

All my life I have wanted to take photos of mountain lions. Which is very difficult to do. A family of cats have moved on my land about 100 feet from house near a spring in heavy brush. I hear them every few days, but yet to see them. Judging by their request calls, chirping and growling. It is amazing how human like many of their calls are. I suspect it is a mother mountain lion and two young ones. I have no problem with sitting in the poison oak with rattlesnakes as long as I can get more than one photo. I know those cats will vanish as soon as they hear that shutter. Or worse, Momma cat may decide to take a piece of me for disturbing her family. I want a absolute silent camera ;-(

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to