diver.net

Re: DUI Zip Seals

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]
Posted by Elaine on August 04, 2005 at 09:16:39:

In Reply to: DUI Zip Seals posted by Dick J on August 04, 2005 at 07:58:04:

Without zipseals, every time a seal needs to be replaced you have to send the suit in to the factory. It takes a little over a week to have it replaced. My experience has been that they usually need replacement at the worst times - on multiday trips, right before a great dive that you don't want to miss etc. The ability to replace them on the spot is worth the extra up front cost.

I have zipseals on the wrists of both of my dry suits. After the neck seal tear right before the dive at Marineland last weekend, I'm having a zipseal put on the neck of my oldest suit as we speak. I had heard that the neck seal can be uncomfortable as a zipseal so I didn't do it before. I'll find out if it is true or not.

The zip seals don't fold flat like the regular seals when you fold up the suit. They have more structure to them. This is a little less convienient. If you need to stick your arm in small holes (I don't) the extra width at the writs might be irritating too.

I like mine and they have saved two dives for me already. If you start with zip seals and have never had the other kind, you will be very happy with them and not notice a difference.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to