diver.net

Correct-o-mundo

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]
Posted by Walt on August 04, 2005 at 12:04:01:

In Reply to: Re: Dry Suit Tests: 39F posted by Elaine on August 04, 2005 at 10:47:20:

Reason #7 of 10 why I dive wet (but am honestly thinking about semi-dry for NorCal and Miguel). Don't plan any ice diving in my present life, so semi-dry is about it. If I were to ever cross over to the dark side though, I'd want user-replaceable seals like DUI's (even at their cost), so no arguement there. A good reason to get pro status and a discount, Dick.

Just to confuse Dick all the more if he's following this thread... I have a friend who swears by his wet suit heater - good for two dives before recharging (or bring a spare bat. pack). Keeps him toasty during bug season and he uses the battery weight as part of his weighting plan. Can't have too many toys (or can you?)

BTW, Dick - took Chris' suggestion (that is, copied his style for hardpacks - sincerest form of flattery and full credit given to the Chris-meister) and got the 18# OxyCheq wing. Awaiting its delivery and can't wait to try it out. Don't know if I can get below 8# of lead, though - doubtful. Following Ghandi's diving mantra "dive simply so others can simply dive"....something like that.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to