diver.net

Re: Forever Yellow (I got Pink, too!)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Eric S on August 06, 2005 at 20:26:26:

In Reply to: Forever Yellow (I got Pink, too!) posted by Patrick on August 06, 2005 at 17:52:07:

You know,
Up here in Northern California we have a society know as D.A.P.S. (divers against pink sh_t).

This organization was started by none other than Dale (Scubacowboy) Swift, many years ago when he was going through his divemastership. There was a gal that wore all pink gear and poor Dale was forced to do the gear exchange with her.
before they got out of the water he demanded that they go back down and switch all their gear back before they emerged.

From that point on Dale vowed never again to be humiliated by having to wear pink gear or have anyone else suffer the same trauma so he formed DAPS.

To this day Dale and his deciples (me included) refuse to shop in stores that have pink gear on display, and if we are faced with a diver wearing pink gear at the beach we must avert our eyes or risk turning to stone. If for any reason (god help us) we inadvertently come in physical contact with any pink gear we have a little flask of a special holy water wash that we must rinse the affected area immediatly with and also recite a special verse from our scripture to avoid getting a lethal infection from the pink gear.

So up here in the far north we have successfully erradicated pink gear. Our membership is now over 300 members.
Being called a pink tank up here is one of the worst insults a diver could ever have to endure. That means.. well I'm sure you can figure out what it means.

Up here in Northern California there is no place for pink gear. None whatsoever.

So now, the question is: how many of you in Southern California wear pink gear?

Exactly my point.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.