diver.net

Re: Girls don't like to spit....:)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ross-O on August 10, 2005 at 16:01:55:

In Reply to: Girls don't like to spit....:) posted by Brad on August 10, 2005 at 15:39:50:

Hi Brad,

I've been wondering how you were doing. Haven't heard many stories from The Good Skiff lately! How was your overhaul?

I can't wait to do the run to Nic with you sometime (or even better, Cortez or Tanner)! The boat is doing pretty good. There are always things to be improved on a 30 year old boat, but I have a lot more faith in it since replacing the OMC sterndrive with the Volvo Penta Duoprop.

I've been on crutches most of the summer from a foot operation so I haven't been able to do all the things to the boat that I wanted.

I'm on a walking cast now so I can piddle with it a little. The latest project has been to remove the old bilge pump and replace it with 2 larger and completely new bilge pump systems. (A combination of me doing something dumb and an electrical failure led to excitement on the trip last week with Elaine, Phil, & Jeff.) Everything is new from the indicator panels on the dash to hoses coming out of the pumps. While I was at it, I removed POUNDS of unused or incorrectly configured wiring from the boat. It's obvious that he previous owners enjoyed operating boats more than working on them... I'm sort of a stickler when it comes to electrical so I tried to do it right.

The next little project will be to remove the starter and take look at it. I'm getting some funny noises right after cranking from somewhere around the back of the engine and I want to understand it a little better before heading too far offshore :-)

My goal is still to dive every major SoCal island and bank from my own boat. It'll take years but I think it's a worthy goal.

Ross-O

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.