diver.net

Did I Bend

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by seahunt on August 12, 2005 at 20:28:05:

Did I get bent? You decide.
I may get something wrong on names, but these are the facts.
I dove one week on the Charisma with Pam as Captain. We were in a kelp bed at Santa Barbara Island on the morning of the second day. Parked near us was the Encore with (I think) her husband as skipper. Apparently he decided to go free diving... so some wags on our boat decided to throw eggs at him. Well, they couldn't make it the distance. I decided to give it a toss and was able to bracket him nicely, but it was at my limit of range. They all appreciated my efforts greatly.
I did know that the long range egg lobbing gave my arm a twinge. Nothing to think about... then.
Next weekend I was on the Peace to Nic and we did an amazing early morning dive to 125 feet to look for bugs. The vis was so good that the bugs I saw, saw me from so far away that they just backed into their holes when I was still 25 feet away. The amazing part about the dive was I found a creek or what was a creek in another geological time. It was a fascinating thing to see on any dive.
Anyway, I surfaced as normal. Who knows what the times were? I don't pay that close attention, but I had a distinct jag in my arm where I had pulled it the weekend before. Localized bad circulation??
Hmmmm mmmm. I didn't particularly deny it, but neither did I concern myself.
I did my next dive with particular attention to the ascent. My arm felt fine.Was that a local bend???
Actually, I am obviously not disposed to DCS, cuz otherwise I would have gotten it sometime after all those dives with my double 90's at the badlands.
Enjoy the diving, seahunt

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.