Time: 7:56 and 10:46
Bottom Time: 1:00 and 1:13
Max Depth: 97' and 58'
Vis: 20'+
Wave height: 1-maybe 1 1/2
Temp at depth: 53 and 57F
Surface Temp: 70F
Gas mix: Air (21%)
Comments: I decided to finally break down my double 120s since I no longer have a boat and they aren't the best tanks for beach diving. Vet's doesn't count, though. On days like today, the conditions were good enough that the weight didn't bother me. I decided to empty them underwater rather than in my garage. It was a cool, overcast morning. Great weather for being in a drysuit. The surface was flat so no fighting our way through the surf and visibility was good enough to keep track of all five of the divers in our group for Dive #2 and four on Dive #1. Octopus abounded today. We found them out in the open, in shoes, bottles and a lost dive mask. Claudette and I brought up a treasure trove of toys, including mask, fin, snorkel, two shovels and a plastic Batman. Jeff managed to get rich. He found three pieces of a dollar. We never found the pier pilings near the Topaz jetty, but we did find lots of crabs, Horn sharks, octopus and a nice jelly. Claudett even had to break off a hypodermic needle before placing it in her pocket. Only one nudibranch was spotted today, a Spotted Triopha, Triopha maculata.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to