diver.net

5th Annual North Coast Bash (partial report)

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Eric S on August 16, 2005 at 09:48:00:

Well we did it!
This was the best one yet.
The diving started Thursday and wound up on Saturday night.
The food was to die for and the partying will go down in the record books. The Sheriff never got called on us and there were no arrests, so that was good.

The diving:

Started Thursday with a quick fun dive on a reef right out from the campground. A ridgeline reef with a pinnacle starting in 25 feet and going down to about 75 feet. Popped a red for dinner.

Jonathan Davies showed up on Thusday afternoon and we went out and did a dive. Friday morning I took a boatload out to do an ab dive and everyone was hugely successful. Friday night Jon and I went and did a night dive in Grstle cove. That was cool.

Saturday was the big charter day. Ran 2 full boats out back to back. The first boat I took to a site called Capt. Bob's Pinnacle. A shear verticle wall dive that is infested with all kinds of growth and giant metridiums. They LOVED it.
Second boat I took the next group to a pinnacle right off the south point of Gerstle cove quite a ways off shore. They also LOVED it.
At 5:00 pm Jonathan and I decided to do one last good dive and burn our doubles. No one else was ready to go so it was one on one.
We went way up past Gerstle to an offshore reef/ridge off of Fisk Mill Cove. The dive was way cool. Better that an hour bottom time and I managed to get 2 nice vermillions.
It was a real pleasure to dive with a full DIR diver. Jon's skills were impeccable. That's the first time someone from GUE has been up here to my knowledge anyway. I spoke to Jon about the possibility of getting a fundamentals class going up here and he thought it would be and excellent idea. The area really does lend itself to that type of training.

I'll post about the eating and partying in another post.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to