diver.net

The Bash!

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Eric S on August 17, 2005 at 13:38:41:

Well the dive Saturday evening was great. As Jon put mentioned about the Puget Sound crab, there were many other things that were cool about the dive that I did not mention.
After we came back to port I pulled the boat out as I was not planning any more diving that weekend. I also burned all the tanks I had.

When we got back into camp at about 8 pm we were greeted with a thundering aplause to the fact that we made it back alive.
I found a beer in front of my face with the arm attached to it belonging to Marcus. "Here ya go buddy!"
The cooking had commenced. All kinds of great food was being created and consumed. Tha laughing and commaraderie was in full swing. The fire was stoked up and burning bright. It was a perfect end to the best diving California has to offer.
As the night wore on the booze flowed freely. First the Patron, then the Jack, then the Bushmills, and on and on.
The laughter became louder and very funny things began to happen.
Yukiko's banana desert was a big hit. She took a banana, split it in half, put chocolate in it, then marshmallows and wraped it up in foil. This then got buried down in the coals of the fire for a while and when it came out it was truelly delectable!
At about 3 am we became firewood challenged so a group of us went down to the beach in search of some drift wood. We came back with armloads and in our self inflicted narcotic state began to stoke the fire. Being that the wood was wet we began spitting tequila on the fire trying to get it to burn. When this proved feeble I grabbed a deco bottle of 50/50 and let 'er rip. That got the fire going plus a few mouthfuls of ashes. It was hilarious! Shoulda been there.
After that I really don't remember much.
Sunday morning I got up and the place looked like the site of a nuclear attack.
Beer can and booze bottle everywhere! All the remaining food was out and the kitchen was in a shambles. Oh well, we had a wicked fun time trashing the place and I can't wait to do it again!!!
We all pitched in and had the place spiffed up in a jiffy. We all packed up and said our reluctant goodbyes and were off.

What an excellent group. This was one for the record books.

It simply doesn't get any better than this.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to