diver.net

So Cal Campout!

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jon on August 18, 2005 at 22:55:22:

I had such a great time at Eric's North Coast campout that I'd like to return the hospitality with a So Cal camp-and-dive. Eric and many of the other North Coast guys are excited about the prospect of coming down and getting some bugs, so we've picked a weekend toward the beginning of lobster season: Oct. 7-9.

Everyone is welcome to come out to dive, party or just hang out, even if it's just for a day.

We have selected a private campsite in Malibu (see link), which has better facilities than the state parks and it's easier to get reservations. At the moment, they are wide open that weekend, but if you'd like to attend I'd recommend booking up soon. They have a 72-hour cancellation policy. If you reserve, please let them know that you're with the "Camp-and-Dive" group, so they keep us all together.

Bring as many tanks as you think you'll need (we may have an on-site compressor, but otherwise fills are available a few miles away at Malibu Divers).
Bring all dive gear you think you'll need including spare gear.
Bring your own camping gear and bedding needs (tent/sleeping bag-pad, chair, lantern, cooler, etc.)
Bring your beverage of choice and some basic dry food items for snacks and as a back up.
If you are staying over bring some food item to contribute to the "community table." If you don't know how to cook then hit the deli and get something there.

Please RSVP here or shoot me an email if you're interested, so I have an idea of how many people might show up.

Let me know if you have any questions....

Even if this is only half as much fun as Eric's campout, I guarantee you'll be glad you came!

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to