diver.net

Breakfast, Thieves, Advanced, Nitrox

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mojostone on August 19, 2005 at 12:42:07:

I pulled out several regulator rigs and put them in a old ratty sea bag . I put the ratty bag in the back of my pickup along with half dozen steel scuba tanks. I locked the top on my pickup bed. Off to the dive store I went early this money. So early I decided to stop and have breakfast. While waiting for the shop to open. So I could get regulators serviced and tanks filled.

After a hearty breakfast I returned to my truck. First thing I noticed was the tail gate was down. As I got closer I noticed that the lock on my bed top had been busted out. You know that feeling in the pit of your stomach. Like when a huge tree falls on your brand new truck. Or you drink a gallon of tequila and you have the dry heaves for two days. I couldn't believe I got hit by thieves next to a busy road between two busy restraurants. In broad daylight with lots of people around. I lifted the top to my truck bed and there was all my dive gear untouched. They didn't even bother to look in the ratty old sea bag or touch my tanks. They took a couple of cheap adjustable wrenches and a screw driver. My lucky day!

When I got to the dive shop. I found they were having a special on two dive classes -Advanced and Nitrox. I have planned on taking a advanced class for sometime. For those that are Nitrox certified. Do you feel that Nitrox diving. Is worth the investment? Do you dive Nitrox all the time or just on deeper dives?

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to