diver.net

Dive Report: San Diego, Ancient Sea Cliffs and 3 Fingers Reef

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sean on August 22, 2005 at 15:54:22:

Site Name: Ancient Sea Cliffs
Max Depth: 98 feet
Bottom Time: 36:40

Simon, Max, Paul and I headed to the tip of Point Loma to dive the train wheels. We geared up and headed into the emerald green waters. We followed the anchorline down to the site, but mistakenly Simon and I didn't follow the anchorline all the way down and we hit a site just east of the train wheels site. Max continued onto the proper location and saw the wheels and explored the crack. We were in a similiar spot with 2 walls and a path inbetween them. The site was covered with life, nudis, rockfish, gorgonians, sponges, etc. It's an amazing site. We saw a few jellyfish on the way down and on our safety stop. The vis was up to 50 feet. We were really happy with the coniditions! We headed back to the boat and motored over to 3 fingers which is to the north.

Site: 3 Fingers Reef
Max Depth: 79 feet
Bottom Time: 49:40

We changed our tanks and waited for a 1 hour surface interval before heading back into the water. When the time came, we entered the water and headed down the anchor line to check the anchor before our dive. The anchor looked good so we headed around to explore the rocks. We found this site covered with life. The vis was about 50-60 feet. The site was beautiful with kelp stalks rising to the surface all around us. We headed back up when we hit our max deco time. Everyone had another great dive. Check out the pics to see what we saw:

pictures: at url

Sean

I hope this post worked! Try to embed images.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to