diver.net

Los Coronados, Keyhole & Lobstershack 08/21/2005

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sean on August 22, 2005 at 15:59:19:

Simon and I went to Los Coronados with DCI. It was overcast and sorta cold on the way down there, and remained that way the whole boat trip. Of course the sun came out when we got back to the harbor.

We got down to the Keyhole and jumped into the murky waters. We swam to the hole but I checked out the south wall inside the keyhole for the usual nudis. I wasn't dissapointed and found a few. We continued on through the hole and enjoyed the surge comming and going as we headed west. We explored the other side, checking under rocks. I found a few Scorpionfish. The vis was a little better on the other side at 30 feet +/-. We came back through and I was leading. We went to the right at first which lead us to some whitewash which I immediately turned around since I have done that in the past. We headed more north and found the proper return to the east side of the island. We explored the rocks finding some Morays. We returned to the boat and motored over to Lobster Shack. We headed north along the ledges, hoping to see some sea lions. I think they were cold so they didn't jump in the ocean to play with us. We continued on and find a few more Morays and a nice nudi I rescued from a red urchin who was poking the poor little nudi. He was on a rock so I moved him away and took a few pics of him as he slithered away down the rock. We headed back south, finding another Moray and looked for the triggerfish which are usually under the rocks below the boat. After our air ran out we headed up and back to San Diego!

Pictures: see url

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.