diver.net

Re: Re: disappointing guided tour

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Derek Strong on August 22, 2005 at 19:45:41:

In Reply to: Re: disappointing guided tour posted by Rolio Tomasi on August 22, 2005 at 11:44:00:

Hi Rolio,

As I guess you didn't fully read my review, yes, we did tell the guide that we only had six dives. I didn't mention it in my review, but we also had told the guide that we had never done a shore dive aside from our certification lake dives so he was very aware of our skill level. Personally, I would have much preferred it if he would have told us that perhaps this was not the best day to take the dive or perhaps we should have had more experience - we definitely would not have been mad, rather we would have appreciated him looking our for us and would have happily paid the $25 dollar cancellation fee.

As the review stated, however, it was not the dive itself that was the problem, it was the guide's attitude and way that he dealt with us. Sorry that you feel the problem was on our end Rolio. There are always two sides to every story, but I can assure you that the guide in this case was extremely sub-par.

Thanks to everyone else who has responded by the way. I appreciate that you've taken the time to help us out.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to