diver.net

Sports Chalet Rancho gets my kuddos by the way.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Elaine on August 26, 2005 at 18:50:12:

In Reply to: More nitrox/air dual use: The PSI standards posted by Ken Kurtis on August 26, 2005 at 11:42:40:

(Besides the initial confusion that is)

I took one of my newly visualed tanks out today for a test dive and it was great. They changed the internal and the external O rings and my reg seats a lot better on the external one. I tend to stick any old one that works in there and a nice new one does make a difference. When I cracked the tank to check my PSI it was good - really good.

Last year I had this tank hydro whatevered at a LDS at the other end of LA (that because I didn't complain about it at the time shall remain nameless - It was not Reefseekers). The first time I took it out it rattled. I let all of the air out and opened it up to find out why it was ratteling. The internal whatever that allows you to invert had not been screwed in tightly and had fallen off, first thing. When I turned the tank over to get it out, all of this powdery stuff came falling out of the tank. The internal O ring had not been changed and when Captain Ray saw it he said "hold it" - don't put that back together - I'll get you a new one. So, the LDS is not always the best option.

After last years experience elsewhere, I'm happy as a clam with the work Sport Chalet did.

I didn't mean to put this under your post Ken, it just landed here. If I lived near your store I wouldn't hesitate to go there - I have no doubt your work is good and free air is a good thing too.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to