diver.net

To go or not to go? That is the question.

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Captain Tim Burke on August 30, 2005 at 18:34:43:

I just got a call from Sport Chalet this afternoon about a customer that is pissed off at me for not going to Farnsworth on Sunday. He told SC that 3 other boats made it there, the vis was 100’ and the seas calm.
I don’t know how many other boats made it there, or what the vis was, but I do know the seas were not calm. That was the reason that I did not go. I always try to give my customers the best diving I can. This also includes safe diving. I lost a diver at Farnsworth several years ago, and I never, never, want to repeat that event.
Every Captain has his or her personal limitations on what they will do, and where they will go. I know of no boat operating in California that will risk your safety. While you may not agree with the decisions that we make, we make the best decisions that we can at the time, from our years at sea, and still try to give your world class diving.
I guess the bottom line is if we don’t make it and you are pissed off at us, at least you are hear to be pissed off, and I can sleep at night.
Captain Tim Burke

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.