Re: Re: To go or not to go? That is the question.

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Captain Tim Burke on August 31, 2005 at 18:30:05:

In Reply to: Re: To go or not to go? That is the question. posted by The diver is right to want his money back on August 31, 2005 at 09:25:00:

I normally choose not to respond to “Sock Puppets”, but several others divers have who use their real names have commented.
There are some trips that I have aborted and gone right to Cat. This was not one of them. I am curious as to how you decided this. The DM, Dave Clark, did ask me if we were going to make it. I told him that if the seas had not calmed down, we would not. He then asked if you could go to Ship Rock. I told him we’ll see. I was on a course for the West End for an hour and ˝ and the swells were building and my cook came up and yelled at me because things were flying. Dave came up about then too, and then, and only then, did I decide to go to the front side. Even after we changed course the ride was nasty as we were now in the trough.
I only charge SC for where I go to, so there is no reason for me not to try and make the intended destination. Did you notice I said, “intended”? No boat in Ca guarantees a destination, none. We are all in the hands of the weather gods.
Now if you want the boats to guarantee a destination, not a problem. Prices will double and triple. We would have to make up for the trips that we cannot get to the destination, and that my friend is only fare.
Anastasia, thank you for your support. That is the first time that I have ever anchored in that spot at Bird Rock, and I did to try and make up for not going to Farnsworth. It seems that I did for the most part. And Walt, Clemente is open, but the water last weekend in Pyramid Cove was very dirty. Little Flower though, was about 60’. Shannon, Mikey, and I were working all day on the boat getting ready for this weekend. The crew and I are most certainly looking forward to this weekend’s trip.
See you Friday night.
Captain Tim Burke
Great Escape Charters, Inc.

Follow Ups:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to
help prevent spam bots
from flooding this BBS.
Text Key: