diver.net

Great diving...... and......did you have to tell everybody?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Elaine on September 05, 2005 at 21:29:16:

In Reply to: Elaine & the Wreck Trifecta posted by Patrick on September 05, 2005 at 12:21:27:

It was a fantastic day of diving. I hope to get the film in for processing tomorrow.

Yes I did it. We had a child on board who was getting his introduction to a rod and reel. I don't know anything about fishing and I don't eat sea food. The fishing rod looked interesting and I decided I wanted to know how it worked. The next thing I knew I was holding the rod, playing with the gizmos that let the line out and learning how to pull it back in. I was also trying to understand how people can enjoy sitting in a boat all day doing this. I think the experience looses something if you don't have a beer in the other hand. Anyway, it suddenly occurred to me that since I was standing there with a fishing pole in my hand I was probably, technically, fishing without a license - yikes. The fish were very understanding of the situation and didn't want me to get into trouble so they stayed off the hook while I was having my brief exposure to this thing that some people consider a sport. Patrick found it amusing so he caught it all on digital. It was a set up!

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to