diver.net

Esther, Odon, and GE for sale

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Captain Tim Burke on September 06, 2005 at 19:14:28:

About a month ago I listed the GE for sale. Since then many things have happened. For the most part I was crying in my beer. As most of you know I had a fire on the GE. It was not serious, and not one passenger, or crewmember was hurt. Despite this fact the Coast Guard treated my like a criminal, trying to hide something. They were in fact disappointed that the automatic fire system (at a cost to me of over $5000.00) they made me and every other boat owner install did not work. They were disappointed to find out that I put the fire out with a hand held Halon fire extinguisher. The CG never once told me or any of my crewmembers that we did a good gob. I guess, they believe we did not. I do wonder, though, how many of them have had to go through this, and with civilians not trained CG personal.
I will truly, never look at the CG the same way.
So once again the GE is for sale. The cost now though has gone up. You can it buy it for a mere $1,500,000.
I have to credit this increase to Odon and Esther. With all the other bad things going, one forgets the good things in life. It is easy to forget all the great divers that come on my boat, and become obsessed with the few that should not be there. Esther and Odon, though, are a special group. For some reason they seem to bring out the very best people. We all have a great time, and a great trip. One other thing about Esther and Odon is when I first started in this business, they backed me. They took the chance on me, risking their money, to charter my boat. This is something that I have never forgotten, never will.
We had one hell of a trip this last few days, and the reports will be coming.
Esther, Odon, and the rest,
Thank you, thank you very much,
Captain Tim Burke

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the