diver.net

geeeze capt.

Scuba Diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brad on September 15, 2005 at 17:30:17:

In Reply to: Open spots on Giant Black Sea Bass trip this Saturday posted by Capt. Manny on September 14, 2005 at 23:47:20:

when i read the header to your post i was really excited that you would feature those MAGNIFICENT Giants as the focal point of your trip! That is EXACTLY what you guys should be promoting, it is the most spectacular underwater event in the bight!

Just imagine this: no take reserve from Long point to Goat to protect that PRICELESS and diminishing population of the greatest resident in our waters!

You and all the other dive boat captains could fill your charters with a virtual guarantee of sighting the Giants! As the rest of the world is gradually loosing their giant residents, we would protect ours with a vengence! they would eventually be a draw for tourism from around the world!

then you....

invited the spearos and my heart just sank.....

it is like taking a hunter on a nature hike...

while the rest of us are enamored by the sheer beauty, they are deciding on a brand of BBQ sauce...

which is it?

are you going to show people the beauty of nature or are you going to hedge your bet by promoting the distruction of it at the same time?

i know that no one from your boat will spear one, but that's not the point.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to