diver.net

Re: What the hell does poaching have to do with legal fishing/diving?

Scuba Diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brad on September 20, 2005 at 15:31:16:

In Reply to: What the hell does poaching have to do with legal fishing/diving? posted by Captain Tim Burke on September 19, 2005 at 20:18:13:

Poaching is most definately ralated to fishing/diving, and hunting. Ever seen anyone poach when they were playing chess?? Badminten? Soccer? No. Poachers only kill game; fish and wildlife..

:)

i am willing to bet that as a dive boat operator, a healthy resident population of Giants would get more people on your boat that the sorry state of current fishery for spearos does...

Imagine if IG was a no-take area. The giants would be thriving rather than DIMINISHING in the area. You could promote trips who's entire draw was to "Swim with the Giants!"

But, no...you would rather have every square inch of the ocean available for rec anglers so they can 'incidently' catch one, hold it up for the camera, then send it back down to eventually die of trauma. We wouldn't want to deny anyone their right to get a nice "catch-injure-release" photo would we?

Protect that which you value!

PS, i appreciate the offer to sell me your boat, but that is way too much boat for me... Good Luck Capt Tim!

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to