diver.net

The Sundiver

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Elaine on September 22, 2005 at 15:39:52:

In Reply to: Sundiver Boat posted by Andy on September 22, 2005 at 13:16:07:

Every now and then Captain Ray grants me an audience and we talk. I remember a conversation a while back where he went off on a brief tangent about a group that had shot a horn shark and participated in other behaviors that left him unsettled. He didn't stay on the subject for long, and he didn't tell me the group by name, but I could tell that there had been activities that deeply disturbed him. Men can be relatively quiet about things sometimes but you can tell by a funny little way they set their shoulders when they have made up their minds about something that there is a lot of mental activity going on. In retrospect, I guess he was struggling with this issue at that time.

Kyaa, thank you for speaking up to defend yourselves. I hate to see disputes between dive boat owners, dive groups, the marine environment etc. Running a dive boat in Southern California has got to be one of the most difficult jobs in the world and we know that the people who do it generally do it because there is something about both the ocean and their boats that they love.

It is no secret that I like the Sundiver and its crew. Captain Ray has put me and everyone else on some terrific dive sites. I've crawled on that boat after working on Christmas, after having my car stollen, after having my self confidence eroded by a BF, and after plain old ordinary times when nothing in particular is out of synch. It has always been a place where I can recompose and find exposure to something new.

Thank you guys for being there and being willing to stick it out through the tough times and situations that are an inevitable part of running a dive boat.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to