diver.net

Is Wakatobi better than Palau? - malibudiver

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Scott on September 26, 2005 at 09:19:41:

BTW, I do wish you a great trip to Wakatobi.

My personal opinions were derived from a time where the resort had just had two bent diver prior to our trip and we probably experienced a bit too much retention by the staff as the backlash. I am the person who posted those pictures of my brand new first stage regulator's white, ceramic filter being soiled brown from Wakatobi and owner/operator Lorenz admitting there was a failed valve from the compressor that he did not disclose to guests.

I truly love wall diving and Wakatobi is good for that, but in comparison to other resorts I've been to, I just couldn't honestly recommend it. Many people who dive Wakatobi have been attracted by their marketing and this is their first trip to Indonesia. Be aware there is so much more in Indonesia than Wakatobi.

Since your going inbound (and outbound) through Bali have you taken some time to dive there? Especially Menjangen Island, Secret Bay or Tulamben. There is some excellent diving there and perhaps it could put some perspective on how good Indonesia truly is, even in the most touristy of areas.

Again,
I wish you a great vacation with safe diving.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to